Families across the state and nation often struggle to find housing that is affordable to them, many times resulting in long commutes to work, increased traffic, and lower quality of life.
NAR and the Delaware Association of Realtors® are committed to expanding opportunities for safe, decent and affordable housing.
The Delaware State Housing Authority’s Affordable Housing Resource Center provides information to both government and public viewers to learn about area housing needs and how to address them. DSHA also offers first mortgage financing at below-market interest rates to qualified Delaware homebuyers. Click the following links for information.
- Delaware Homeownership Loan Program
- Stand By Me Delaware / Kiss Your Landlord Goodbye
- Sussex County Affordable and Fair Housing Resource Center
- Kent County Delaware: Affordable Housing Online
- National Low-income Housing Coalition: Metrics for the State of Delaware
- New Castle County Community Development and Housing Division
- 40+ Gov’t and Private Sector Programs, Resources, and Discounts for First-Time Home Buyers
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) provides assistance to state and local governments to acquire and redevelop properties that might otherwise become abandoned. Funds must be used to create affordable rental and homeownership opportunities.
Those who wish to purchase a home through the NSP must successfully complete HUD-certified housing counseling sessions to ensure that they are mortgage-ready and understand the risks, responsibilities and rewards of homeownership.
The following jurisdictions have been awarded funding, and each has a different program to meet the need in their area. Click on each link for information.
The Mortgage Reports has some great resources for consumers. A few of those are linked below.