Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States.
The purpose of RPAC is clear: REALTORS® raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of how important campaign fundraising is to the political process.
RPAC doesn’t buy votes. RPAC enables REALTORS® to support candidates that support the issues that are important to their profession and livelihood.
RPAC is one of the most bi-partisan PACs in the country, giving to both Democrats and Republicans alike. The only stipulation is that the candidate be a member of the Realtor Party® – members of Congress and candidates who support Realtor®-friendly issues. Through direct contributions, our opportunity race program, and independent expenditure, we ensure that Realtor issues are heard on Capitol Hill.
How to Invest
Making an investment in the REALTORS® Political Action Committee is simple and easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Call your local Realtor® association and tell them you want to have a voice in the democratic process by investing in RPAC today.
- Contact National RPAC at 202-383-1029 and make a personal investment using a personal credit card or check payable to RPAC.
- You can also make your investment online. Your generous investment will go directly to the election campaigns of pro-Realtor® candidates.
Investments can also be made using a corporate account. If choosing this option, please make your corporate investment payable to NAR/PAF. You can also make your investment online. These funds will go towards the Opportunity Race Program that helps pro-Realtor® candidates by getting Realtors® active in political campaigns.
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS® or any of its state associations or local boards will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates. Until your state PAC reaches its RPAC goal 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after the state PAC reaches its RPAC goal it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.
Major Investor Programs
RPAC’s Major Investor Program consists of an elite and passionate group of REALTOR® investors who partner with NAR to shape the political future of the real estate industry. Members of the Major Investor Program are eligible to participate in the RPAC Recognition Program, with specific benefits and accolades that acknowledge their support of RPAC.
With a minimum annual investment of $1,000, there are four levels within the RPAC Major Investor Program: Sterling R, Crystal R, Golden R and Platinum R.
Get more information in Major Investor Programs from NAR.
- NAR Leadership Team Recommendations On RPAC Fundraising Goal Policies
- Phone-a-Friend for RPAC: The National Volunteer Phone Bank Initiative (link is external)
- RPAC on the REALTOR® Action Center (link is external)
- Additional RPAC information for REALTORS®
- Find out more about the REALTOR® Party
- Watch RPAC webinars (Member login required)